Friday, February 29, 2008

Chocolate Truffle Sugar Scrub Tutorial

I made a wonderful scrub last weekend using the recipe below that was posted on the natural beauty workshop blog. I added a brown sugar fragrance oil instead of what the recipe recommends. This scrub is to die for. I made it on Saturday and it is just about used up. I think I will need to make more this weekend. I will probably modify the recipe a bit so there is not as much separation between the oils and sugar. I think I will either increase the sugar amount or decrease the amount of oils. I have some bad red marks on my body from eczema and this scrub has done wonders for them in a week. I found it best to shower and then scrub my body with this and then just quickly rinse off the sugar to leave behind the oils on my skin. It was really nice and I had no need for lotion. Plus the oils don't seem to make my pants too tight like lotion does. ;)
Scrub a dub dub

The Chocolate Truffle Sugar Scrub
This scrub makes about two 4 ounce jars.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Demerara Sugar
2 ounces Hazelnut Oil
1 ounce Castor Oil
1/2 ounce Cocoa Butter
1/2 teaspoon Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon Vitamin E (T-50)
1/4 teaspoon Grapefruit Seed Extract

Directions
Gently melt the Cocoa Butter in a double boiler or in very short bursts in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat your butter. Meanwhile, pour the Demerara Sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir in Hazelnut Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, and Grapefruit Seed Extract. Add Cocoa Powder and mix well. Now add you final ingredient, the melted Cocoa Butter. Stir the mixture well to make sure that the butter is distributed evenly.

Fragrance
This scrub will have a slight natural aroma of Cocoa Butter while you are preparing it. However, this aroma will dissipate once the mixture has cooled. If you prefer a scented scrub you may add a 1 teaspoon of synthetic Fragrance Oil such as Dark Chocolate Supreme or Raspberry Truffles. Another option is to add several drops of Bourbon Vanilla Absolute or Vanilla Oleoresin. Although they are not chocolate, these natural Vanilla aromas would compliment this scrub nicely.


The recipe in the post was taken from http://www.naturalbeautyworkshop.com.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment