Friday, June 6, 2008

Purple Rain Soap

I really love the way the swirls came out in this soap. I swirled in the pot for the first time and really like the effect much more than in the mold swirls...well at least for loaf molds. I have yet to swirl in a slab mold since I don't have one yet. I ended up making this batch way too big and had enough left over after filling the loaf mold to fill 4 milky way Celtic type molds, a hard white mold that I got for free from Brambleberry, I believe, and a silicone ice cube tray (triangle shape). I think the little guys from the ice cube tray will make nice free samples. I always include a sample in all my orders. This batch was the soap I had planned on being a sky blue, but morphed into this lovely purple. Ah well...I think the name purple rain will work well for the soap.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful swirls... I've been so much more succeessful at in the pot swirls then in the mold, though, I've only tried log, as the slabs I've been layering lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect swirls! Purple Haze, maybe? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely soap!!!
    Is necessary to lay a (plastic) layer or linen when you pour the soap in the ice cube tray or any kind of mold that is not silicone one? Do you pour the soap in a totally clean soap mold?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yen: The ice cube tray I used was silicone, so i do not line it with anything. The soap just pops out once it is cool. Yup...make sure the mold is clean and you are good to go. My silicone ice cube try is from Ikea.

    ReplyDelete