Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oops!

I thought I was going to save time and make a double batch of soap the other day and then split it to make two different types. Well for some reason I decided one type should be my Jasmine salt bars. The problem here is that I was making a regular soap recipe and not the recipe needed for salt bars! I couldn't figure out why the soap was so sweaty and soft. Usually salt bars are very hard...finally it occurred to me that I used the wrong recipe. So while these look really nice they are still soft enough that I can push my finger into it and make a dent and I made them about 2 weeks ago. Arrgh...what to do with all this soap now? I am going to give it a try in the shower this week, I am hoping that maybe it will be nice but who knows.

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! I have an awful time getting pink. I did once but then after a few months the pink turned grey. Yuck.
    I hope that they get hard after a little longer cure or maybe chop them up and put them in another batch.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Joanna...they were AWFUL! I could not even get one bubble and they are still very soft. I broke one up into small pieces a couple weeks ago and tossed it in my bath, but I don't think it did anything. I think I will just have to toss the soap. I also realized that I not only used the wrong oils, but I also accidentally used dead sea salts instead of regular sea salt. I think it must have been a bad day.

    ReplyDelete