Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cream Soap Update!

A couple weeks ago I made some Killian's Red Irish Stout and carrot cream soap. I finally have uploaded the pictures from the day I made it. It is now smooth and creamy, but still a bit too hard. I will be adding some more extracts tomorrow to loosen it up a bit. I think I will scent it with a mixture of dragon's blood, oakmoss, and sandalwood. I have been having a hard time coming up with a scent to use, so if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. :)

This picture was taken just after adding sodium lactate, panthenol, and silk amino acids.


This next picture is at the end of the cook. Over the next day the soap will turn a creamy golden orange-brown.


Here is what the soap looks like now. It needs a bit more liquid and fragrance still, but I am very happy with how it looks.

3 comments:

  1. that looks lovely...like i could just reach in and grab a blob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought you typed "...carrot cream soup" instead of soap. That first photo looks like soup. ;D It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a few cream soaps too, but didn't have time to do this class. Yours looks fantastic!!! Your scent combo sounds amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete